View more of Rob Matre's photos from Saturday's third round
Augusta's Lee Knox stands alone at the top of the leader board at 7-under par after three rounds. He holds a two stroke lead over Matt Russell at -5. Michael Garretson is four back at -3.
• Knox's Streak...Knox went birdie, birdie, eagle on 7, 8 and 9 to make the turn at -9 and become the round's emerging leader. He got it all the way to -10 with a birdie at 11, but made three bogeys over the last six holes.
• The Ninth played as a reachable Par 4 today, measuring 286 yards. Lee Knox took advantage with the shot of the tournament, landing his drive near the hole and then making a 15-footer for eagle to take the lead.
• Settindown course architect Bob Cupp was present during Round 3 Play.
• Top Player Bios:
1 Lee Knox
- Senior at the University of Alabama
- Qualified for the 2010 U.S. Amateur
- 2008 Georgia Junior Championship - 2nd
- 2008 GA-SC Junior Challenge Match
- 2010 Georgia Amateur Champion
2 Matt Russell
- 1996 Georgia Amateur Runner-up
- 2011 Georgia Public Links Runner-up
- 2011 Billy Peters Cup Team
- Russell is a former Ansley Member and his uncle, Don Russell, is a longtime Ansley Member
3 Michael Garretson
- Junior at South Alabama University
- 2009 Junior Championship - 3rd
- 2009 GA-SC Junior Challenge Match
T4 Scott Weeks
- Played college golf for Georgia Southern
- Savannah native
T4 David Noll
- GSGA Men's Player of the Year- 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2008 Tommy Barnes Award Winner
- 2003 & 2011 Georgia Amateur Champion
• Round 3 Scoring Average: 37.8-38.1-75.9
• Final Group Tees off at 10 a.m.
Lee Knox: -7...69-70-70-209
Matt Russell: -5...71-71-69-211
Michael Garretson: -3...70-68-75-213